Elvex chainsaw chaps meet the requirements of ASTM Standard for Leg Protection for Chain Saw Users (F-1897-2008). This standard requires that the chaps can stop a chain saw running at 2,750 feet/minute tested at both 45 degrees and 90 degrees to the longitudinal axis of the test sample, under controlled laboratory conditions. Compliance tests are performed by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) in accordance with ASTM F-1414, Measurement of Cut Resistance to Chain Saw Lower Body Protective Clothing. The performance requirements previously were 2500 feet per minute chain speed.
- Elvex ProChaps are available in the following lengths, 28″, 33″. 36″, 39″and 43″. The length is measured from the belt to the bottom of the chap.
- Elvex ProChaps use Prolar™ lightweight protective pads described below.
- Elvex 90 series chainsaw chaps use a 420 denier Nylon cover material, and have two sets of quick connect leg buckles.
- Elvex 94 series chaps use 1,000 denier (Cordura™) Nylon cover material, and have three sets of quick connect leg straps and buckles.
- Elvex 91 series chaps add wrap around protection around the calves. This model uses 1,000 Denier Nylon.
- Elvex ArborChaps™ is a chap designed for home owners. It meets the same performance requirements as our pro models, but does not come with a pocket. This model uses a hunter green 420 denier shell fabric, and has an adjustable length.
- All Elvex ProChaps are equipped with a front zippered pocket
- CSFSUC9033 – Elvex 90 Series 33″
- CSFSUC9036 – Elvex 90 Series 36″
- CSFSUC9039 – Elvex 90 Series 39″
- CSFSUC9043 – Elvex 90 Series 43″