To ensure your fire blanket is in good condition and easily accessible, your fire blanket should;
- Be hung on the wall above 1.6m and should be unobstructed.
- Be identified by a fire blanket sign written in English and Khmer.
- Be serviced every 6 months, with records kept.
- Have operating instruction on the front of the fire blanket cover.
- Be discarded after use and replaced.
FIRESAFE offers the following servicing package for fire blankets which is in accordance with AS 1851-2012 Section 11.
This must occur twice per year, (example 6 monthly servicing in January and July each year).
As part of the 6 Monthly Service fire blankets will be;
- Inspect the accessibility and location of the fire blanket.
- Inspect the signage and ability to identify the location.
- Inspect the condition of the cover or container and the condition of the instruction label.
- Inspect the physical condition of the blanket and ensure no damage or contamination.
- Inspect to ensure release tabs are visible and accessible.
- Cleaned to ensure longevity of fire blanket.
A comprehensive log of testing should be kept to ensure faults can be monitored and rectified.